WordPress Apps are fast becoming the most popular and easy to use web applications available to businesses and individuals. These apps such as the Premium Press ShopperPress, Coupon Press, Directory Press, Classifieds Theme or Realtor Theme, to Have Apps™ Fundraising Software or build-in Store Apps that allow people to set up a store with pre-populated items for sale with everything from jewelry, custom T-shirt designs, and candles to Auction Themes, allow individuals to start a business with ease and quickly move them into prosperity in this new economy.
These and other such applications are turn-key business solutions for those looking to capitalize on the ever growing online consumer base, and who have decided to turn to the internet as the solution to contacting more people locally, nationally and worldwide. Some of these WordPress based web applications cost less than $80 for unlimited use, and others require low monthly fees which usually include web hosting as part of the package. Those with monthly fees are often full turnkey online business solutions offering pre-populated products with split in the percentage of the product sales.
If you are doing business on the web or intend to, you should look into the following WordPress web applications, before embarking on an expensive custom built website or application of your own.
List of some of the complete solution WordPress applications available and a brief description of each, include:
• ShopperPress – an easy to use eCommerce site for WordPress;
• Coupon Press – a coupon site application for affiliate marketers allowing them to promote coupons on the web;
• Directory Press – a directory site application that allows people to create a directory on the web for anything from local businesses to companies in a particular industry;
• Classified Theme – an application that allows one to set up a classifieds website such as Craigslist;
• Realtor Theme – an application allowing Real Estate Agents to easily populate a website with their listings without having to pay exorbitant fees for a custom web application.
• Fundraising Software – a web application for schools and nonprofit groups looking to start a online fundraising store to increase revenues for the group or activity. This software allows the soccer club, little league, youth group or any other nonprofit group to begin selling products on their unique site with their own domain name. Facebook and Twitter integration allow fundraisers to promote their store, while the web cookie application and cached links allow the software to track which group
An new auction applications for WordPress based auction websites, similar to eBay®, will be available in the coming months.
WordPress has finally made it easy for blogger to switch their WordPress hosted blog over to their own unique domain without losing their traffic base or any of the hard work they have put into their blog. For those savvy bloggers who wish to customize their blogs with their own unique domain name, this is now possible for the first time.
WordPress offers this service for $12/year, so it is not free, but can be well worth the benefit for bloggers who wish to begin branding their blog and all the hard work they have put into generating traffic.
Bloggers can manage thier redirect under “Upgrades -> Domains” and with the simple addition of your new URL, you can decide to redirect or suspend this function as you please.
Overall this gives bloggers another tool and more freedom to manage their sites, without hurting their search engine optimization rankings. This is a new function offered by WordPress and the solution is simple: Offsite Redirect.
WordPress Website Hosting offers $9.99 per year hosting services to blogger worldwide. If you are not familiar with installing WordPress on a server we have a custom install service starting at $59.95 per year that includes the first year of hosting. All services offered here at WordPress Webiste Hosting are provided by our partner Provider Spider.
When it comes to blogging, there is no better software to use than WordPress. WordPress is a frequently updated blogging package that allows the most novice of computer users to setup and update their very own blog. The software is programmed in a way that it is not only easy to use, but easy to modify and be creative with as well. With that in mind, here are five WordPress tricks and shortcuts that will make your blogging experience better, easier, and more efficient. With a little alteration, some of these tips can even be used with other blogging platforms.
1. This is so important for your SEO functionality and ranks as a top tip no matter who you speak to. Most new bloggers go through this. You just created a well thought out post, published it and then see it assigned an ugly URL that ends in “p=145″ or something like that. You have to change this if you want Google and other search engines to respect your site. Go to the options section and then click on “permalinks”. Select custom permalinks and then type in “%category%/%postname%” (minus the quotation marks) as your new permalink structure. This will put the name of the post or the name of the category followed by the name of the post in the URL. I got this tip from a guy I’ve learned a lot from, Brad Gosse. Here is a video he did that is well worth watching for anyone who is new to blogging and SEO (search engine optimization).
2. Next, if you’re stumped for something to write about, do a Google News search using the keywords or niche of your blog. Then recap a news event and expand on it with a comment of what you think of that event. Don’t just do a straight news recap as this will most likely be seen by your audience as poor content because they can get news any where. But giving some personal experience with regards what is going on in the news does make for some interesting reading.
3. Another great tip you can use with a WordPress blog to help keep people from leaving your site involves the Error 404 page. Most themes used with WordPress have a Error 404 page for when there is an error in a URL. You can see here what we have done with our own Error 404 page. Hopefully it doesn’t happen often, but when it does happen that someone runs across this (just like the search engine robots do) wouldn’t it be nice to put something more than just the standard error message there? You’ll need to edit the 404.php file, which can be accessed from your WP Admin Control Panel. Try put in a humorous message or apology for the missing content. You can also add some WordPress code that can list the most popular posts or something similar to give the reader another option other than just leaving your site.
4. If you’re using WordPress and want to make your blog a “do-follow” blog, meaning that links from your blog pass on the benefits of Google page rank, you can install one of the many do-follow plug-ins available. There are a number of them available and they can either be found via a search engine or through the WordPress site itself. We suggest Share This and Add This.
5. Repeated and regular postings will boost your page rankings. A great tip that can solve this problem of having to write and post every day or every week (depending on your traffic level) is to write a supply of blog posts ahead of time and then either save them as drafts or change the post time stamp option to a date and time in the future. If you save them as drafts, you can use them at your leisure whenever you need them. If you change the times tamp to a future date, then without you doing anything those blog posts will show up on those pre-defined dates as if you were blogging that day.
The power of the WordPress blogging platform is great as its flexibility allows for many tweaks, tips, and tricks to be used. All this customizes your blog and makes it that much more appealing to your visitors. WordPress is so easy to use that you probably have tips and tricks to use while blogging yourself, and you don’t even know it.
Find out more about WordPress and how to start a WordPress blog at http://www.wordpress-website-hosting.com
There are many services that offer domain name registration , including ProviderSpider.
The overwhelming leader in volume of domains registered is GoDaddy.com with nearly a 33% market share. The other leaders are Tucows, Enom and Network Solutions – each with under 10%. The fact is pretty much all companies charge about the same for this service and it is done completely automated by computers over the internet.
ALL companies that provide domain registration have fees associated with your purchase, in order to register your chosen domain name with an international clearing house. There is only one clearing house for domain names, ICANN – Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. This was established in 1998 and its sole purpose is to keeps track of all domain names purchased and who owns them internationally. This way no one can “steal” someonelse’s domain name. Before 1999, Network Solutions was the “clearing house” and had a total monopoly on domain registrations.
Some have called domain names “real estate on the web.” In fact the secondary market of buying and selling of domain names that are already registered with ICANN has become an $100 million dollar industry in itself. If you own a domain name, someone can find you on the internet and learn about what you are offering. A unique domain name is a must for anyone engaged in business.
You may be able to save $1 or $2 a year on your domain name registration by shopping around and going with a company that does millions of registrations a year. However, if you are new to server management or your level of experience with website design is at a minimum, then this could be a factor factor in making a good decision on who to register with.
The reasoning is this: Once you have registered with a company they will immediately begin the process of “upselling” you to handle your hosting and design needs. This is where it can get tricky for a newbie.
Some of the biggest registrars run completely on automated hosting and design services. You are sold seemingly exactly what you need for a low price. But, its not what you need, because you don’t know what you’re doing. And this process in itself might be expensive to figure out. It’s never fun being upsold from one thing to the next, really it’s just a prescription for a headache!
Bottom line is that if you have done your research and selected a company for their customization services, it might be a good idea to register your domain name with them directly. If you’d rather not, then most hosting companies that offer good customer service will walk you through the process of transferring the name servers on the registrars site and you’ll be up and running with your new hosting provider in no time.
WordPress-Website-Hosting.com is a operated and owned by Provider Spider.com
Our purpose in creating this site was to provide an affordable option for anyone to start their own blog or website. It has since evolved into the easiest a full service option available on the web today. While there are a lot of companies providing WordPress hosting, none are offering the level of service we render at such a low price.
Depending on your experience with computers and web programming, operating a WordPress blog can look like a difficult thing to do. WordPress websites are factually the most popular and easiest websites to operate, even for people who “have a bit of a learning curve.” But, just like anything else, you can learn how to use WordPress to accomplish your goals. We promise to fulfill our purpose of helping you start a blog or website at the absolute minimum cost, in the simplest manner possible.
There are a couple of things that you need to know in order to get started.
There are pros and cons to this. The pro is that its FREE and you don’t have to pay a dime for yearly domain registration and hosting. The cons are that you have to use a sub-domain of WordPress.com. This can make driving traffic to your site through the search engines (such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc…) a little bit more difficult. It also does not give you the advantage of having a recognizable web address, which in itself can become an asset in your branding and marketing.
Most people want their own domain name, but there are costs to making this choice. If you are setting up a website for a business, its a MUST that you purchase your own domain name and start branding your company. By actual survey, your prospective clientele are just not going to take you seriously if you are operating your business website through a sub-domain of some other company.
In the next articles you will discover more information on the estimated costs associated with all the steps necessary to creating your website with a unique domain name.
Whether you sell goods and service and need complete e-commerce solutions or are simply looking to start your own blog, WordPress is probably a good fit for your needs. Our new site is devoted to empowering individuals with the wonders of WordPress by making website hosting easy, fast, affordable and fun.
ProviderSpider.com (a long term leader in website hosting) has launched this site to fill a void of information and service to the public at large. A new pricing structure allows anyone to become a blogger. With priced at only 3.95 per month, it is possibly the most affordable plan available today anywhere on the internet.
What sets Provider Spider apart from other web hosting companies, is that we are willing to hold your hand right through the entire process of setting up your WordPress website. Our customers have told us that our Website Hosting Consultants are both knowledgeable and patient. Thus, we have decided to launch a new service Professional WordPress Installation. For $59.95, we will install WordPress for you and give you a full years worth of hosting. That’s less than $5 per month, for full service!
We don’t blame you for being skeptical, even we don’t believe it… but it’s TRUE!
We are determined to help anyone who wants a website for their business needs or personal wishes.